At First State Community Bank we know and understand how important protecting your financial privacy is to you. Concerns for customer privacy and confidentiality are cornerstones of banking. For these reasons, we have adopted the following privacy practices to assist you, our valued customer, in understanding the measures we take to protect your personal and financial information.
Visitors to the First State Community Bank web site remain anonymous. First State Community Bank does not collect identifying information about visitors to our site. First State Community Bank uses standard software to collect non-identifying information about visitors, such as:
- Date and time our site was accessed I.P. address (a numeric address of servers connected to the Internet)
- Web Browser used
First State Community Bank uses the gathered information to measure the number of visitors to our site and to determine the level of interest in the information available. Visitors may elect to provide us personal information via E-Mail or online forms. This information is used internally to handle the sender’s request. It is not disseminated or sold to other non-affiliated organizations.
Information that you submit via our online banking service is protected by encryption technology which scrambles account information to reduce the possibility of access by unauthorized individuals outside the bank.
First State Bancshares, Inc. Privacy Statement
At First State Bancshares, we know and understand how important protecting your financial privacy is to you. Concerns for customer privacy and confidentiality are cornerstones of banking. For these reasons, we have adopted the following privacy practices to assist you, our valued customer, in understanding the measures we take to protect your personal and financial information.
Some of the terms we will use in this statement include the following:
- Nonpublic Personal Information: This includes information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that we believe is lawfully available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records.
- Affiliate: Any company that we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or any company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. We consider these companies to be members of our corporate family.
- Nonaffiliated Third Party: Any company that is not an affiliate of ours.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to any nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. However, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to nonaffiliated third parties that perform account processing services or marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. If you decide to close your accounts or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Sharing Within our Corporate Family
Unless you tell us not to, First State Community Bank may share the following information about customers or former customers with companies in our corporate family:
- Information we obtain from your application, such as your income or your marital status;
- Information we obtain from a consumer report, such as your credit score or credit history;
- Information we obtain to verify representations made by you, such as your open lines of credit;
- Information we obtain from a person or company regarding its employment, credit, or other relationship with you, such as your employment history.
The companies within our corporate family who may receive this information include financial service providers such as banking, investment and insurance companies.
If you prefer that we not share this information with companies in our corporate family, you may direct us not to share this information by contacting us at:First State Bancshares, Inc. Attn: Privacy Officer 201 E. Columbia St. Farmington, Missouri 63640-3106 (573) 756-4547
Your opt-out only covers certain information about you that we might otherwise have shared within our corporate family. We may continue to share information about our transactions and experiences, within our corporate family, as permitted by law.
Transaction Guarantee Program
NOTICE: By federal law, as of 1/1/2013, funds in a noninterest-bearing transaction account (including IOLTA/IOLA) will no longer receive unlimited deposit insurance coverage, but will be FDIC-insured to the legal maximum of $250,000 for each ownership category. For more information, visit http://www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/unlimited/expiration.html.