You're on the go. You don't have time to get to the bank - so take it with you. Mobile Banking from FSCB allows you to:
Mobile Banking with First State Community Bank allows you to deposit checks to your account right from your smart phone. Making a deposit is as simple as taking a picture on your smart phone. It’s that easy!
Person-to-Person Payments is a simple & free way to send or receive money. Send money to anyone using their mobile phone number.
Pay your bills in just three simple steps: take a photo of the bill statement, confirm the amount to be paid and submit the payment. Done!
Set up alerts to keep yourself informed about your balance, upcoming due dates or even savings goals.
Need to know bank hours? Want to know about a charge on your account? Text customer service right from your FSCB Mobile App.
Lock Your Card
Control access to your debit card from your mobile device. Turn your card on or off to minimize fraud and control spending.
Use the FSCB Mobile App to let us know you’ll be traveling. Now you can send your travel notice at any time, day or night, using the app.
Use the app to categorize your spending on the go. Quickly assign spending categories to your transactions. Store and organize receipts by taking a photo and attaching them to your transactions.
Use the FSCB Mobile App to activate a new debit card or report a card lost or stolen. No need to come to the bank or make a phone call. Activation or cancellation will take place immediately.
View your statements 24 hours a day from your mobile device.
Connect FSCB With Alexa
"Alexa, what’s my account balance?", FSCB Mobile Banking can help you connect your FSCB accounts to your Alexa.
Apply For A Home Loan
You can apply for a home loan right from your phone!
Get started! Search "FSCB" in your app store today!
Mobile Banking Demos
Apple Pay Now Available
Mobile Phone Security Tips
Here is a few tips to keep your phone and data safe
- Use a strong password to protect phones.
- Use available anti-virus and security software as appropriate for a device.
- Don’t connect to untrusted networks or WiFi. Use tethering or virtual private networks (VPNs) as appropriate and secure.
- Don’t download any app, attachment or document unless you can verify its source and that it is legitimate.
- If you use your phone for sensitive data, consider properly encrypting the data on your phone.
- Follow recommended practices for safe banking on your phone at all times.